I’d like to dress like Sophocles’ Antigone this spring.

gladiator look

And here’s how I’d go about it:
Gladiator Sandals
(these are in the mail on their way to me. I love that they don’t look completely flat. They may actually be comfortable. A novel idea for sandals).

Butter Wrap Dress
(We actually know the designer Nadia. She’s super talented. I love her stuff and have a few of her styles already. The satin wrap above is my favorite. I have it in cream).

Jennifer Behr Headband
(I love Jennifer Behr’s hair accessories. I wanted to get one for our wedding but wound up wearing natural flowers. They are so lovely though).

7 Responses to I’d like to dress like Sophocles’ Antigone this spring.

1. erin March 10, 2008 at 1:25 am #

oh, you always find the best stuff! i don’t know how you do it. i need one of those wrap dresses!

2. samantha March 10, 2008 at 8:28 am #

We’ll go to the next Butter sample sale together!!!!!!!!!

3. Teresa (good grace) March 10, 2008 at 5:24 pm #

omg… the dress is gorgeous!

4. Samantha Hahn March 10, 2008 at 5:33 pm #

The designer used to be a modern dancer. So she got her start designing dance clothing. The Butter dresses are so flexible and soft and stretchy. The only problem is that there are too many options for ways to wear them, it’s hard to pick. I have the one above in cream, it’s the satin finish and I also have a strapless one in cotton that’s reversible. Check her site out. I’ll post her next sample sale. You can probably order her stuff from Calypso too.

5. SpiegelEule March 14, 2008 at 2:28 pm #

ohh wow, what a great inspiration. i will try to create this hairdo. looks really soft, like spring.

6. samantha March 14, 2008 at 2:30 pm #

I know it’s so lovely and delicate. Try Bumble & Bumble. If you have wavy or curly hair like me, it really gives a nice softness. If you do something with your hair and it turns out nicely, send me a pic and I’ll post it!

7. samantha March 14, 2008 at 2:32 pm #

oh la la, just checked out your blog, love it!!! Please do an antigone outfit and hairdo and send the picture this way, we can share link love. I’d love to post one of you from http://stylesnapshots.blogspot.com/

thanks for contacting…