Wear and live in your colors

I’ve been such a navel gazer lately…totally wrapped up in my patterns and prepping for Surtex. Mary Jo Matsumoto who I’ve done a ton of illustration for asked me to guest blog on Trust Your Style for a couple of days. So I’m quite happy to accept. I just did a post for her about wearing and living in your favorite color palettes. It’s a pastiche of fashion and home decor, two of my favorite types of design. I found great fashion and beauty items and matched them with corresponding palettes of home decor items. Check out Trust Your Style Thursday to find out where to get these stunningly colorful items. Those Nanette Lepore shoes are truly my dream come true. They’re probably not comfy though.

6 Responses to I’m guest blogging on Trust Your Style today: Wear + live in your favorite color palettes.

1. kelly LOVES whales May 15, 2008 at 12:02 pm #

I love this. On the wardrobe remix group this week, I came to the full-on realization that my house and my wardrobe match. It’s hilarious and awesome and not at all surprising to me!

2. samantha May 15, 2008 at 12:06 pm #

Isn’t that cool Kelly?! We all have a visceral response to colors and are each drawn to some more than others. The ones above are so stunning to me whereas someone else might love a deep maroon or forest green. I love that we can find a connection to the colors we love in so many facets of our lives. Trust Your Style did not post the links yet…so if it’s not up by tomorrow I’ll post them here.

3. patricia May 15, 2008 at 1:09 pm #

How kind of you to be a guest for “Trust your style!” Nice to know that we made the “cut” – Really love your work and your fresh picks!
    Adding you to my blog world!

4. samantha May 15, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Thanks so very much Patricia! Your work is wonderful as well and I really enjoyed your posts! I’m so glad to have you as a Maquette reader.

5. Boutique Mix Fashion May 16, 2008 at 7:39 pm #

LOVE THOSE CLUTCHES!!

6. Samantha Hahn May 16, 2008 at 7:41 pm #

They are truly amazing in person too!! I did a lot of illustration for her so she gave me the red one. It’s like delectable candy….really cool…shiny and great silhouette. She has great earrings too.