I’m a busy bee: Illustration work for Glamour + Craft + California trip preview

Sept magazines: Glamour and Craft

Magazine pages

I’ve been back from California for a week but have not had time to properly talk about the trip or the art stuff I’ve been up to. I’m excited to say that I have work in two fabulous magazines this month, Craft and Glamour. I know I posted about Glamour when it first came out but now I have pictures of the actual magazine pages. Though I suggest getting your own copy. Craft has lots of great projects I’m dying to do and Glamour is chock full of fall fashion and inspiration. Plus, it has Penelope Cruz on the cover. I think she’s incredible. I highly recommend Woody Allen’s new film: Vicky Christina Barcelona with Penelope as a crazed lover.

Here are some close-ups, the Craft illo was done in micron pen and concentrated inks:
CRAFT-illo

The Glamour illos were done in pen with digital color:
Glamour Magazine September

This week, I’ll post about some wonderful Cali things. Here’s a sneak preview: I met Erin of Design for Mankind, Mary Jo Matsumoto of Trust Your Style, Sabrina of Hello Lucky, Natalie (of Coquette) and Daniel at Craft, some fabulous folks at Chronicle, Kelly of Little Paper Planes, and Christiana at Ferm Living.

I’ll also be posting about some DIY home improvements I’ve been doing in our apt (they’re long over-due). And a mini-journal making how-to for you from me!

So tune in for more tomorrow. Thanks for reading Maquette!! Oh and, I would also love to hear what you do and why you are interested in art, design, fashion, or anything else you read about here. So feel free to drop me a line to tell me. I appreciate your readership so much and want to know who you are.

7 Responses to I’m a busy bee: Illustration work for Glamour + Craft + California trip preview

1. Design for Mankind August 25, 2008 at 11:53 am #

I’m so proud of you— they look FANTASTIC! 🙂

And I miss you already. 🙁

2. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2008 at 1:41 pm #

Awww…I miss you too. I really mean it. I wish we could all double date again. I love Ken. He’s fantastic. It’s so hard to find couple friends where everyone likes eachother. You two are a gem. Your families are lucky to have you back.

And, thanks so much for all your support over these busy months. I hope to keep it up and I value your feedback and constant encouragement….Erin you are the best!

3. yasmine August 25, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

i was at a bookstore yesterday and i was reading craft and thought, hmm, that style looks familiar. and i checked the name on the side and was happy to see your name!!!

4. yasmine August 25, 2008 at 5:30 pm #

p.s. i wonder why your blog and erin’s blog doesn’t update in my google reader.

5. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2008 at 6:03 pm #

Hmmm…that’s strange about the update….are you subscribed via atom or rss? Try rss. I’ll ask my tech advisor/husband later tonight.

THANK YOU for noticing my stuff in Craft. I’m so happy. I love that magazine. I want to make my own type face as per that article. Did you see it? You make your own all the time. I love your hair type. So fun.

6. jess gonacha August 26, 2008 at 8:01 am #

WOW< sounds like a fantastic trip!! That’s so great. And CONGRATS on the magazines!! That’s amazing!!!

7. Samantha Hahn August 26, 2008 at 8:23 am #

Thanks so very much Jessica. And, thanks for guest blogging. I loved your post. I’m so happy we met!

Come visit Brooklyn.