posters

Someday it would be fun to have these printed really big like 25 X 38 or something, preferably silk screened. I know it was a big controversy but I love my For Like Ever poster (it’s now framed in my living room in a white matte-less frame on a dusty blue wall that gets a lot of light, I think it looks fab). I think I love it so much cause it’s simple, graphic, fun colors, and a fun saying evocative of junior high lingo. I actually never saw it on that Domino cover but rather on a blog I like and I just fell in love and got it. Then all the hype began and now every blogger in the world has an opinion about it. I just simply love it. I might even love it for like ever!

I had fun creating the posters above. I’ve been really enjoying hand lettering. It’s new to me. Typography has never been my strong suit but bring it into the artistic realm and I feel a freedom to experiment. Any ideas who I should submit them too? Any poster companies that accept outside submissions I should know about?

6 Responses to I made some poster designs: “i make things” and “Look on the bright side” + my “For Like Ever” poster

1. andi September 3, 2008 at 12:28 pm #

New to your blog, so I’m not sure if you know about Thumbtack Press. They have great artists and a lot of info on how to submit your own work. Good luck!

2. samanthahahn September 3, 2008 at 2:03 pm #

I’ve heard of it but forgot till now. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll check it out!

3. yasmine September 3, 2008 at 4:30 pm #

hmm. not quite sure about poster companies, but have you tried thumbing through the 2008 (or 09) graphic designer’s handbook?

and i just saw this through erin’s. lovely work dear.

4. yasmine September 3, 2008 at 4:31 pm #

p.s.

now i’m curious as to why that for like ever poster was *controversial*. haha!

off to google it!

5. Samantha Hahn September 3, 2008 at 4:57 pm #

Oh just because it got a lot of hype. Some bloggers thought people just wanted it cause it was on a magazine cover. I just love it. You’ll have to come for a visit and see it on my wall!

6. Samantha Hahn September 3, 2008 at 5:00 pm #

That’s a good idea Yasmine. I actually have that book. I think it’s collecting dust on my shelf. Gotta go look now. I would like to hire you as my marketing consultant…ok? You’re not too busy creating your own stunning work right?