My Craft Magazine pattern printed by Spoonflower!

Craft Magazine pattern

I was so excited when the superbly wonderful art director over at Craft asked me to create a Craft Magazine pattern! What could possibly be more fun? I opened my mailbox this afternoon and there was the latest issue of Craft! I’m always excited to receive it but was especially thrilled to see how the pattern came out. Craft had it printed by Spoonflower. I can’t begin to say enough about Spoonflower (Holly was the first to suggest them to me).

Remember my starlet harlot pattern? They’re printing it up as we speak. They’re such an incredible company (husband and wife founded). I plan to work with them lots. Read about them here. I’ll do a more extensive post on them when my fabric comes in. For now, pick up the latest issue of Craft (on news stands Nov. 4th) and see what they have to say. Or check out the digital version here.

Here’s a sneak peek of the spread that features the Craft pattern printed so beautifully by Spoonflower!:

Craft Magazine spread

9 Responses to My Craft Magazine pattern printed by Spoonflower!

1. Sub-Studio October 29, 2008 at 1:19 pm #

Hey Samantha! Congrats on the pattern for Craft! Looking forward to your Spoonflower review…

2. samantha October 29, 2008 at 1:24 pm #

oh you commented just as I came online! Thanks so much Anna. I just love Spoonflower. They’re incredible. Last May I was searching all over for a place that would do a small run of fabric. No one else does it. It would have cost me $1000. With them I can print enough fabric for a cushion or a simple swatch. It’s great. I’m sure my fabric will be ready soon. I’ll be sure to post!
    XO.

3. yasmine October 30, 2008 at 2:31 am #

oh i was hoping my mag stand would have it! but it didn’t 🙁 so nice you posted the image!. it looks great samantha!

spoonflower actually has very fair prices. i used to have my patterns printed at a place in los angeles, and it cost me 75-80 per yard! more if i wanted it to be water resistant, PLUS 200 dollars for color matching. eep! i love spoonflower. i’m uploading a print soon. and the owners are super nice.

4. Samantha Hahn October 30, 2008 at 6:42 am #

YES the owners are incredibly nice and it’s so affordable. I would love to see what you have printed…I adore your prints Yas!

5. Stickers & Donuts October 30, 2008 at 10:38 am #

how cute! love seeing prints when they go from paper to fabric!

6. samantha October 30, 2008 at 11:37 am #

It’s pretty exciting to see. I get giddy about it!!I can’t wait to do more!

7. ambika October 30, 2008 at 1:11 pm #

I wish I had the talent to justify creating my own pattern for fabric. And congrats.

8. samantha October 30, 2008 at 1:13 pm #

You should try it! Especially if you make or alter clothing. You can just put together something simple and Spoonflower will tile it for you. Take a look at their site. You don’t have to make your own pattern even. I think they have available for you!

9. mary jo October 30, 2008 at 3:22 pm #

oh my gosh–congrats on all your patterns and designs coming out everywhere! you so deserve it, i know how hard you’ve been working. would love to invite you to stop by trustyourstyle and share what you’re currently reading–that is if you have time to read with all your work!
    xo mjm