Recently I put together a how-to make mini journals tutorial for you my dear readers. It got picked up by Craft Magazine blog and also by Bust Magazine who just published it in their Dec/ Jan issue as part of a “made with love” (how-to) section by Lisa Butterworth.
I really want to try to make a terrarium featured in the how-tos. It looks relatively easy to make and so cool as a coffee table centerpiece. The geniuses at Hello Lucky contributed a great card making how-to as well. Check your news stand for a copy or subscribe.
Interviews and thank you’s:
- Make do & Mend interviewed me about my illustration work and how I got started if you want to see. It’s a lovely blog to peruse while you’re there.
- And now for a few thank you’s. Thanksgiving is coming so I really want to put these out there (in doing so I’ll be linking to some wonderful bloggers so please check their blogs out for pure enjoyment or edification, they’re sure to provide both):
- Thank you so much Holly (Decor8) and Ez (Creature Comforts) for inviting me to contribute my illustration to your free desk-top wallpaper project Kindred.
- Thank you Erin (Design For Mankind) and Jessica (Shiny Squirrel) for being so lovely to work with on Truant Magazine.
- Thank you Abbey (Abbey Goes Design Scouting) for showing us your stunning apartment and cooking us an incredible dinner in it!
- Thank you Lisa (One Hot Child In The City) for putting my craft project in Bust and joining me for cocktails with Caroline at a top secret cocktail bar. Also thank you for posting about my free card on Bust blog.
- Thank you Anna Whitford for posting, and Indie Fixx, and It’s Nice That, and Josh Spear, and Illustrophile, and NotCOT (these are all recent posts I really hope I didn’t neglect to thank anyone, if I did please tell me. I didn’t mean to!)
Have a lovely Thanksgiving feast everyone and come back next week for some holiday round-ups from the indie art world, creative gift ideas, and more…most importantly tell someone you love that you are thankful for them in your life.
I’m thankful for you dear readers.