Eye On Style: A closer look at that person in the street fashion photo

Eye On Style
I love street style blogs. Some of my favorites are Garance Dore, Helsinki Style, Face Hunter, and of course The Sartorialist. I could stare at the beautiful clothing in real life context for hours. When I think about it, it’s not solely the clothing that evokes such interest but the people wearing it. I look at their faces, the way they carry themselves and wonder what their lives are like and who they are inside.

Mary Jo Matsumoto of Trust Your Style has started a new series on personal style by asking people what influences their style, what they do, and who they are. It’s like taking a deeper look at style photos. I loved participating and wish I had worn something a little fancier. I was really busy when she asked me so I just sent a photo I had of me in an everyday outfit. I’m loving the other people she’s featuring.

Check her blog out for more and read up on the participants up until now in Eye on Style. I especially enjoyed MJM’s latest participant Anne Sage of the blog City Sage. Check it out.

14 Responses to Eye On Style: A closer look at that person in the street fashion photo

1. mary jo December 18, 2008 at 12:05 am #

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe that you wrote this–it popped up on my dashboard right while I was perusing Garance Dore. Thanks so much Samantha! Also, if you want to send a photo more to your liking, we’ll redux.

xo Mary Jo

2. Samantha Hahn December 18, 2008 at 6:39 am #

I really love the series and look forward to your next one….

When I dress up fancy with one of your clutches I’ll snap a shot!!

3. marika hahn December 18, 2008 at 8:24 am #

You look fabulous! You definitely have a flare for putting together texture, style and color. Perhaps the next time you are photographed for a style page, Pita, the wonder dog, will be accessorized as well!
    Love Mom

4. Samantha Hahn December 18, 2008 at 8:25 am #

yes mom, I agree something furry textured is missing from my outfit….Pita is needed!

5. Anne @ The City Sage December 18, 2008 at 10:44 am #

Thanks so much for the link love Samantha! MJM is the best, isn’t she? I love this series too and it was such fun to participate.

6. Samantha Hahn December 18, 2008 at 11:43 am #

Yes Anne! She is the absolute best. I love her designs and her blog and she’s a fabulous person as well. I got to meet her last summer after a long email friendship and working together on some illustrations. She’s a super person and super talent!

7. mary jo December 18, 2008 at 12:40 pm #

Oh my, I’m blushing! Thank you ladies for the sweet comments!! It’s been such a pleasure getting to know both of you via blogland. It always blows me away, all the amazing and talented people (like yourselves) that I would never otherwise have met.

8. samantha hahn December 18, 2008 at 1:38 pm #

the feeling is mutual

9. Ana December 18, 2008 at 5:09 pm #

Stumbled on your blog via A Cup of Jo. Looking forward to coming back for more!
    p.s. Your pup is so sweet!

10. Samantha Hahn December 18, 2008 at 6:04 pm #

Thanks so much Ana. Glad you like Maquette. Please do come back I have lots of great things to post about next week then going to take a mini vacation and then back in the New Year. Can’t wait to check your blog out too!

11. meligrosa December 19, 2008 at 3:54 am #

hello my pretties!
    I just discovered your blog (via maryJo) and thanks for posting this. I have followed her lovely blog for sometime now, and I always find great inspiration on her finds, images and fashion everything (and what great designs she has under her belt!!).
    Nice to see she gets much props everywhere.
    Will visit back often 😉
    Cheers/xox?/meli

12. Samantha Hahn December 19, 2008 at 7:03 am #

yes she’s a super fabulous person and deserves lots of props!!! Thanks for the comment Meli!

13. Dallas Shaw December 19, 2008 at 3:02 pm #

I was just popping in to see what you were up to and here is my photo on your blog! Yay!
    Ps) you’re outfit is perfect

14. Samantha Hahn December 19, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

awww thanks Dallas. I love your picture too. You look fabulous. Those ruffles are perfection and the boots are eternally cool. Great picture. Cute dog too.