Bathing beauties & a weekly round-up

bathing beauties
via Starlet Showcase

Today is my last day of work before a 2 week vacation. I really need it. I have a ton of artwork to do to prep for the surface pattern trade show I’m doing in a month! EEK. Here are some Maquette posts from the week and posts from around the web that I thought would be fun for you to peruse! Come back on Monday, I have one last mini-journal DIY project for you. This one will be really easy, pretty, and so much fun. Ok, here are the links I promised:

1. How me and my husband met: Smitten blog at Glamour Magazine via A Cup of Joe
  2. Wordle: extract popular words from your blog or your fav blog and make a pretty word cloud
  3. Fabulous Dirty Loves Clean soaps from the Bust Craftacular featuring gift tags with my little designs
  4. A fun fashion blog: Stylings and so on and so forth
  5. Eye on Style from Trust Your Style: A closer look at the people in street style photos
  6. Food For Thought: Erin Gleason‘s stunningly delectable Payard pastry photos *opening tonight*
  7. DIY hostess gift: paper covered match boxes via Creature Comforts
  8. My new starlot pattern chair
  9. Lovely post about the stunning wire work at Anthropologie via Anna Whitford Textiles
  10. My “look on the bright side” poster on Design is Mine. Also which dreamy vintage dress do you like best for Summer? I choose the green velvet one

Have a superb weekend everyone! Thanks for reading Maquette.

XOXO,

Sam

9 Responses to Bathing beauties & a weekly round-up

1. Sub-Studio December 19, 2008 at 8:17 am #

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll rock the show! happy holidays…

2. Samantha Hahn December 19, 2008 at 8:30 am #

thanks so much Anna!!! I have so much to do but I’m really really excited to create some new work….lots of it. I also can’t wait to sleep till 8am!! It’ll be glorious to wake up with light in the sky! I hope you and Sean have an absolutely beautiful vacation. I have a post coming up about Brevity….probably Monday or Tues before everyone goes on vacation from the blogosphere!

3. michelle December 20, 2008 at 1:05 pm #

let me know when you upload the pics from bust! or send me them if you can, thanks ; )

4. Samantha Hahn December 20, 2008 at 3:54 pm #

will do. again your soaps and booth were perfect!

5. jess gonacha December 20, 2008 at 6:43 pm #

Samantha, i CANNOT BELIEVE that story about you and your husband over on Smitten! That’s so crazy!! It totally made my night. 🙂

6. Samantha Hahn December 20, 2008 at 6:49 pm #

Oh that’s so sweet. So glad you read it. It still blows my mind. I mean we never even thought it was possible. To see us next to each other like that as little ones…..sheesh. It was pretty cool. I love your never up and down arrow patterns btw. Gotta get rolling on making some new ones. I hope you have a splendid holiday Jessica. See you so soon!

7. la couturier December 21, 2008 at 3:40 pm #

i just found your site; i absolutely love it! you are so talented!

xoxo,
    La C.

8. Samantha Hahn December 21, 2008 at 3:46 pm #

Thank you La Couturier…..can’t wait to check your site out!
    XO

9. Ana January 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm #

Thanks so much for the link to my blog! I’m sorry I didn’t notice it sooner…just getting caught up with the craziness that is 2009!

I still love the story of you two on Smitten…it makes me smile – a lot!

Happy 2009!