Thank you dear Maquette readers! Happy New Year

Lisa Yuskavage
What a fabulous year it’s been. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you so much for reading Maquette! I have had so much fun posting my inspirations and running my own work by you dear readers (363 posts!). It means so much to me that you’ve tuned in each day and hopefully been inspired by something you’ve seen here, or at least enjoyed or laughed at some of my posts.

I wish you all the most exciting, creative, fulfilling, safe, & healthy new year ever!

I leave you this year with my favorite painter whose work I find so inspiring, Lisa Yuskavage.

See you next year…on Thursday!

6 Responses to Thank you dear Maquette readers! Happy New Year

1. Allan December 31, 2008 at 2:19 am #

Wow, LY’s stuff takes me back, reminds me of The Maxx!

2. yasmine December 31, 2008 at 2:36 am #

happy new year to you too samantha!

oh and lisa is one of my favorite artists. that painting in particular is one of her pieces i like most. i’ve seen her paintings in the museum of contemporary art in san diego and they are awesome.

3. Samantha Hahn December 31, 2008 at 10:21 am #

Oh glad you like her too. I’m enamoured with her work and look through her book all the time. Believe it or not I have never seen her work in person. It’s terrible. I’ve seen John Currin’s, her old studio mate….but sometimes he makes me really mad whereas she is right on target. They’re both masters with paint though. Her light and colors make me faint.

4. Samantha Hahn December 31, 2008 at 10:30 am #

Oh wow Allan…can’t say I’d heard of the Maxx before but I just looked. I love. What a fun comparison! I think it’s important not to take fine art so seriously! I’m really digging the Maxx…thanks for pointing it out!

5. Hijiri December 31, 2008 at 2:31 pm #

Happy New Year to you, Samantha!!!! It’s been so great visiting your blog, seeing your wonderful work and it was so nice to meet you this year!!! So excited for 2009!!!

6. Samantha Hahn December 31, 2008 at 2:45 pm #

Thanks so much Hijiri!!! So happy to have met you too and can’t wait to meet up next year…..so soon! Happy happy new year to you and heartfish!