Patterned products: My Hallmark card and starlet cushion

pinup cushion
hallmark-cards
pinup purse
I can’t express how fun it is for me to see my designs on real life surfaces. I just received my package of sample Hallmark cards. They licensed a design last May. It’ll be on the market soon. It’s a “happy birthday sis” card with embossed lacy flower and a scalloped edge.

I also had some samples made of my starlet pattern. Spoonflower printed up a nice run for me to make into cushions for my chair but I wanted to show something with that same design for the trade show I’m doing in a week! So I had some purses and a throw cushion made.

I have surface patterns on the brain this week so expect a sneak peek at lots of new work!

Hope you all had a lovely vacation. XO.

14 Responses to Patterned products: My Hallmark card and starlet cushion

1. jess gonacha January 4, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

looks GREAT!!!

2. Samantha Hahn January 4, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

Thanks Jess!!! I think Ill bring the little purse to the show.

3. lindsay January 4, 2009 at 3:01 pm #

i love your fabric design and congrats on the HALLMARK CARD? how exciting. 🙂

4. Samantha Hahn January 4, 2009 at 3:20 pm #

Thanks so much Lindsay!! It’s so fun seeing my designs on things. Just checked your blog and shop…love both!

5. yasmine January 5, 2009 at 1:25 am #

eep! both look awesome!!! i love little purses.

6. Samantha Hahn January 5, 2009 at 5:13 am #

thanks Yasmine!!!! I want to use the little purse myself…..after the show…

7. anisa January 5, 2009 at 10:54 am #

WOW! Those are gorgeous! Thanks so much for telling me about spoonflower, I’ve never heard of them. I can’t wait to have some fabric printed, for makool!
    xo~anisa

8. Samantha Hahn January 5, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

oh great!!! I can’t wait to see what you do for Makool!!! I’m sure it’ll be fantastic. Spoonflower is so great. I love them!

9. Laissezfaire January 6, 2009 at 11:57 am #

Beautiful! So exciting to see your lovely work made into products!

10. samanthahahn January 6, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

thank you so much Su Ling!!!

11. Abbey Goes Design Scouting January 10, 2009 at 12:23 am #

That is SO cool about the Hallmark cards. You are a star!

12. Samantha Hahn January 10, 2009 at 8:05 am #

awww thanks Abbey!! Not quite a star but thrilled to get my work out there on things! Thanks so much for your support and sweet compliment…..
    blushing,
    Sam

13. julia March 28, 2009 at 8:22 am #

I really love your work, I look forward to seeing it transformed into wallpaper and fabric I have to say! I saw on your website some wallpapers/fabric for example but couldn’t find anything on the web about it. Did I miss something? Is it about to happen soon? (I can’t wait)…

14. Samantha Hahn March 28, 2009 at 8:32 am #

Hi Julia, Thanks so much for the compliment. Craft Magazine is making one of my prints into fabric soon. I will post about it when it happens. I don’t have wallpaper as of now but I do have wall graphics, or decals if you will with Loxii Graphics: http://www.loxii.com/index.php?main_page=designers&designerID=41

Other products can be found by clicking through my shop links. Soon I’ll have t-shirts out with 2k by gingham and a journal out with Barnes&Noble…hmmm what else can I tell you….oh, I designed a photo book for American Greetings and some Hallmark cards all coming soon. Please stay tuned here on maquette and I will announce everything! Or check back in my shop, I’ll link to everything.

Thanks so much Julia!!