Jet set: Our California trip

jet set
We had such an incredible time in Cali. Went all over the place: San Diego, La Jolla, Joshua Tree, Palm Springs. Below are a few pictures we snapped, there are more on flickr. We love California. It’s our favorite place to visit in America. Paris would be our favorite international destination.
California Vacation
California Vacation2
Now we’re back in lovely Brooklyn. There is nowhere we’d rather live. Sometimes we toss the idea of moving someplace new around. We imagine what it would be like to have more space and a less hectic lifestyle. I would love not commuting on the subway. However at heart we’re New Yorkers. Both of us were born here and Brooklyn is just a dream place to live. It’s full of ambitious, creative people, fantastic restaurants, and lots of coffee shops. We just like the energy of the place. We’d certainly be happy with shorter winters and more trees though. That’s why we’ll jet off to Cali when we can. It’s chilly here but spring is just around the corner, I can see the signs popping out all around the neighborhood.

header photo via my vintage vogue

8 Responses to Jet set: Our California trip

1. mary jo March 27, 2009 at 11:00 am #

So glad you had a good time! I love palm springs every once in awhile, it’s such a great get away. Your photos looks beautiful too!

2. Samantha Hahn March 27, 2009 at 11:09 am #

thanks Mary Jo. It was fun. That tram up the mountain was really amazing.

3. blue bicicletta March 28, 2009 at 6:10 pm #

So glad you had fun in my state! I still haven’t made it to Joshua Tree, but I’ve seen pictures, and would really like to go! So many places, so little time! I moved to California going on 9 years ago, and there are endless places to see. I’ve stuck mostly to Northern Cali though, and do love it up here!

4. Samantha Hahn March 28, 2009 at 10:56 pm #

Loove Cali.

I’ve been up to Yosemite and down as far as Joshua Tree. I have to say for southern areas Montagna De Oro in San Luis Obispo is incredible, really worth checking out. We love Los Olivos, the vineyards are like Tuscany. We thought Joshua Tree was interesting but would not necessarily recommend it, though if you live in Cali it might be worth a stop in for a day or two…not in summer. It was hot when we went. I must say though that Northern Cali is my favorite. Love Big Sur and that area. It’s such a great state!!

5. Abbey Goes Design Scouting March 30, 2009 at 1:01 pm #

ohhh it looks soo sooo sooo fun!

6. samantha March 30, 2009 at 1:02 pm #

it really was!

7. violet March 30, 2009 at 7:20 pm #

Gorgeous photos!!!

8. Samantha Hahn March 30, 2009 at 7:23 pm #

Thanks Vi!!!! I’m no masked belle in my fleece but it was a fun trip! Miss you. Let’s get together really really soon. When J get’s back from St. M.