the Lady group show opening

Charles Nolan (lady group show)
the Lady show opening
Dallas Shaw's shots from the opening

We were all thrilled with the group show opening last Sat. It’s up till the end of the week btw. Loads of friends and clients showed up and all of us sold pieces! The space was really colorful and our art fit in perfectly. The opening was lively and fun. The pictures above show a cute window decal featuring our show title and names, the store front, some snaps of my work in situ plus people schmoozing/drinking their wine and eating their delectable cupcakes from Whimsy & Spice. I’ll post photos of their amazing sweets later. Thank you again to my fellow artists and to all of our supportive friends who came out in the rain to make us feel loved! Love you all, thank you for supporting our work. Also thank you to all of the bloggers who posted about the show. We’ve got to compile a list and do a big thank you post…

Here’s one last snap of me wearing heels at the show. I might not do that again for a while. I’m 5 months pregnant and my feet were tired at the end of the night. I do love those shoes though.

me (5 mo. preggers at the lady show)

12 Responses to the Lady group show opening

1. The Storialist June 16, 2009 at 12:15 am #

Aw…this looks like so much fun!

And your shoes (and you) are adorable! Pregnant looks good on you :).

2. Carla | Green and Chic June 16, 2009 at 12:44 am #

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Congrats for selling some items.

You look so pretty in that dress and shoes (as painful as it might have been!)

3. Samantha Hahn June 16, 2009 at 6:35 am #

thanks so much!! It was truly a fun show I’m glad we had it!!

4. Samantha Hahn June 16, 2009 at 6:35 am #

thanks, sometimes the pain is worth it….only sometimes.

5. sandy June 16, 2009 at 4:23 pm #

oh i wish i lived nearby so i could see it in person! the show (and you and your heels!) look amazing. 🙂

6. Samantha Hahn June 16, 2009 at 4:46 pm #

thanks Sandy!!! Wish you could have jetted over too. Wouldn’t that be nice…to be able to come to each other’s shows in a private jet….that runs on solar power of course?

I’m still dying to see your Victorian color-field portraits. Come have a show in NY!

7. sandy June 17, 2009 at 5:37 pm #

ah yes, that solar powered jet is just the perfect plan! (and we are making mini-versions of those portraits now, i’ll send one to you!)

8. Samantha Hahn June 17, 2009 at 5:55 pm #

shut up are you serious?!>!>! I’ll die. I can’t wait.

9. kelly June 21, 2009 at 8:10 am #

it was a great show! congratualtions!

10. samantha hahn June 21, 2009 at 9:01 am #

thanks so much Kelly it was so lovely of you and Aaron to come!!

11. mary jo June 23, 2009 at 2:16 am #

hi samantha, i’m so sorry i missed this post–it looks like it was a lot of fun. p.s. I didn’t know you were pregnant–congrats!!!! P.P.S. love the shoes (i have the same ones)!

12. Samantha Hahn June 23, 2009 at 7:41 am #

I know you have the shoes, I think of you when I wear them! The color just makes me swoon. Do you still love them and wear them? Mine are still practically new as I rarely don them. They’re un-comfortable but just sooo pretty to look at.

Yes, I’m having a baby! Crazy huh?! It’s a boy and his name is Henry. He won’t be here till October.

Do you have any plans to visit this summer? I hope so. I’m not working. I’ mean I’m doing tons of art but not teaching. XOXO.