Lizzie Allen: Hand screenprinted wallpaper

Lizzie Allen silkscreened wallpaper
UK based designer Lizzie Allen is inspired by her upbringing in Surrey, Dubai, and New York. She worked for amazing companies like Osborne & Little and Paul Smith before striking out on her own to start a hand silk screened wallpaper studio.  “It is important to Lizzie to offer the bespoke ‘hands on’ designer approach to all aspects of her work. ”

I love the illustrative elements of her work especially the people in city scenes featured here of New York and London. I think it would be great to wallpaper a room in Lizzie’s papers but how lovely would it be to frame a large section too?!

Hmmmm….I’m thinking I could replace a mirror above my bedroom mantle with her central park scene.

6 Responses to Lizzie Allen: Hand screenprinted wallpaper

1. Jen July 7, 2009 at 3:21 pm #

I really love the new trend of intricate, hand-crafted wallpaper. Wallpaper has become a great canvas for really talented artists. I love WallNut based out of LA that I blogged about recently (http://tinyurl.com/kln8z7). Also, I love the stitch work in the wallpaper designs by Claire Coles mentioned on Decor8 today. Brilliant work!

2. Samantha Hahn July 7, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

ohhh Jen….I love WallNut….thanks for letting me know about that! Also for pointing out Claire Coles. I’m behind on my usual blog reading today and now I have to go check out Decor8!!

3. Lauren July 10, 2009 at 9:50 am #

ooooh, that’s fantastic. reminds me of andy warhol’s screenprints, only more complex.

4. Samantha Hahn July 10, 2009 at 10:02 am #

good call Lauren…perhaps that’s why I love them so much…big Andy fan!

5. Steve Abrams October 22, 2009 at 3:46 pm #

We would ove to represent your designs on our websites at DesignerWallcoverings.com and CommercialWallcovering.com

We also feature wall artists at WallpaperWeekly.com

6. Samantha Hahn October 22, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

please send over any information steve. thanks.