My fabric design/chair featured in Bust Magazine

My fabric design/chair in Bust Magazine

If you are an avid Maquette reader, you know I’m a big fan of Spoonflower (a custom fabric printing on demand company founded by a husband and wife team). I’ve had a bunch of stuff printed by them such as:

1. Fabric for hand bound journal collaboration with Tyler Bender
  2. My custom print for Craft Magazine (here’s the article about that)
  3. And for my home, this pin-up print fabric to reupholster a chair

Now Bust Magazine is telling their readers about Spoonflower. They came over to shoot the chair this summer, we had a fun time trying to keep my dog out of the picture. The article is in their latest issue. Check it out online or from your news stand.

9 Responses to My fabric design/chair featured in Bust Magazine

1. Jules September 29, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Go Girl! That is awesome! I’m going straight to Barnes & Noble to check it out. How is the upholstery fabric holding up? Is it pretty durable? A friend wants me to cover her couch in one of my patterns.

2. Samantha Hahn September 29, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

hey jules,

When I had it made they were not doing upholstery but they printed on canvas. It’s in perfect shape still. I scotch guarded it. I think they do upholstery now, pretty certain in fact. Check their site. You have a lucky friend! I’m sure your couch print will be awesome! Send it to Stephen at Spoonflower when it’s on there, he’ll love it!

3. The Storialist September 29, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Wow–congratulations!

That’s awesome.

4. Samantha Hahn September 29, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

thanks!!

5. lisa September 30, 2009 at 9:53 pm #

i love this AND your illo! this issue is like the samantha special!

6. Samantha Hahn October 1, 2009 at 5:21 am #

YAY!!! Thanks so much Lisa! I do feel lucky to be part of this issue. I love Ellen Page so much. Can’t wait for Franny’s Fri. XO.

7. lush bella January 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

i just finished voting for the toile contest over at spoonflower, and as i got to the second page, i still hadn’t seen an entry that i felt like voting for until i saw yours. i then looked at the name and recognized it to be you. so i had to hop on over here to tell you this. great job samantha!

8. Samantha Hahn January 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

oh thank you so much. that’s so sweet of you and means the world to me. it’s my first time entering the spoonflower contest and it’s a fun one. i love toiles. i meant to re-upload my image so you could see the detail more but never got around to it so i guess i’ll just leave it! Thanks again so much!

9. Bulah Momaya March 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

There is visibly a bunch to realize about this. I suppose you made various nice points in features also.