11 Responses to Daily drawing: Perfume bottles

1. Laura Marie August 24, 2010 at 8:51 pm #

Oh my gosh, absolutely LOVE these! Such a big fan. Thanks for sharing!

2. Katie August 25, 2010 at 2:56 am #

What lovely images! Perfume bottles can be so pretty. I have a whole book full of perfume bottle photos, they can be great design inspiration 🙂

3. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2010 at 6:13 am #

oh thanks ladies. Katie, what’s that book called. I’d love to see it!?

4. Katie August 25, 2010 at 1:32 pm #

It’s called Perfume Bottles by Judith Miller, published by DK. It chronicles pre-20th century to present perfume bottles & really has some great images in it.

5. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2010 at 1:34 pm #

so awesome Katie!!! Going to Amazon right this minute!

6. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

Katie, it’s ordered! Thx!

7. Katie August 25, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

Yes! I think you will really like it. The Lalique bottles starting on page 117 are some of my favorites!

8. Kecia August 25, 2010 at 7:22 pm #

I LOVE these! Do you/will you have any for sale? I’m not seeing any in the shop at the moment…but perhaps I’m not using the right link?

9. Samantha Hahn August 25, 2010 at 10:03 pm #

none for sale right now but perhaps next time I make a run of prints!! Thanks for your interest. Right now I have a limited edition run of some prints in the Gallery Hanahou shop if you want to check that out! My best,
    Samantha

10. shelley June 19, 2011 at 12:30 am #

Hello,
    My name is Shelley Minney and currently I am undertaking Year 12 Design at St Peters Girls School in Australia. For my Visual Study assignment I have decided to study Rendering and have decided to use perfume bottles as my subject. I came across your work on your site and was inspired. I am really fascinated with these pieces of the perfume bottles. For a part of my assignment I have chosen to critically analyse these pieces and was wondering if you could give me an insight of title and date of the piece, the process you went through, the mediums used and the purpose of the rendering.
    Also, I would like to know how rendering relates to your career……….
    Yours sincerely
    Shelley Minney

11. Samantha Hahn June 20, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Hi Shelley,

title and date of the piece is just “perfume bottles”.

The process was ink outline and concentrate ink fills. The background is hand vegetable dyed.

The purpose was to capture the essence of these objects as well as the feeling their contents evoke.

How rendering relates to your career is, I portray objects and people with realistic line yet add expressive details to evoke and express emotion.