The new year is a great opportunity to take heed of where you’ve been and where you want to go. I reached out to some inspiring women who you may know well already from the blogosphere to see what they resolve for themselves this coming year. Feel free to leave a resolution in the comments if you feel like sharing.
pretty Ez
Ez of Creature Comforts:

1. I resolve to only purchase items that I truly love and that compliment my life, and not just products that fill the space or because they have a small price tag.
  2. I resolve to use the craft supplies I already have (my studio is a veritable craft store already) before purchasing any new supplies. This will force me to think outside the box and get creative with what I already own.

Chelsea of frolic
Chelsea of Frolic:

1. Fall in love with the life I have
  2. Grow my own vegetables
  3. Quit interrupting people
  4. Be a better listener
  5. Go to Australia
  6. Perfect my British accent
  7. Walk or bicycle everyday

Shiny squirrel
Jessica of  The Shiny Squirrel

1. Eat more Greens
  2. Read the authors that I have always wanted to read: David Foster Wallace, Annie Carson, etc…
  3. Go to the Movies once a month
  4. Attend more cultural events
  5. Give myself time to relax
  6. Dehoard on a monthly basis

Design for Mankind
Erin of Design for Mankind

1. Stop using emoticons!!!
  2. Be a Mary Bailey sort of wife (from It’s A Wonderful Life)
  3. Join a book club
  4. Make my bed daily

13 Responses to New year resolutions: Creature Comforts, Frolic, Shiny Squirrel & Design for Mankind

1. Robyn December 27, 2010 at 10:15 am #

My New Year’s Resolutions:
    1. Floss
    2. No more processed food, white flour, white sugar.
    3. My closet will have a one in-one out policy.
    4. I will bring my lunch to work at least 3x per week.

2. Hilary December 27, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

1. Reply to Facebook messages and wall posts.
    2. Write timely thank you notes and “just because” notes.
    3. Do something social at least once every two weeks.
    4. Buy 4 new CDs over the course of the year.
    5. See at least 6 movies from 2010/2011.
    6. Devise a charitable giving plan; find and give money to a reasonable number of organizations that I belive in.
    7. Put another $25,000 into savings.
    8. Learn about a) personal finance, b) orthopedics, prosthetics, job opportunities in this field

9. Find passion through following interests and curiosities and thinking of future opportunities that I would like to be involved in.
    10. Become more emotionally available.
    11. Find opportunities to provide hospitality and open my apartment/life to others.
    12. Let the true me show.
    13. Be in a place to be okay with having my picture taken.
    14. Take care of my teeth.

3. Samantha Hahn December 27, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

thanks for sharing these Hilary!

I need to take heed on the “thank you notes” one.

4. Samantha Hahn December 27, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

yes to “one in, one out”!

5. chelsea December 27, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

Feeling so inspired by all the lists and comments! Thanks, Samantha!

6. Melissa December 27, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

I totally agree on the “one in, one out” philosophy. These are great resolutions that I’m going to try & copy. Here’s what I’ve been thinking of for this year:

1. Take meal planning seriously
    2. Eat more veggies & meats than breads & sweets
    3. Start weight training w/ hubs (after the baby)
    4. Declutter on a regular basis
    5. Better decorate my home with things that I like & are meaningful

7. mary jo December 27, 2010 at 5:25 pm #

Love these resolutions, especially being a Mary Bailey sort of wife. Truly something to contemplate!

xo Mary Jo

8. Diana December 27, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

Wow Erin, stop using emoticons – that is a tough one! 🙂 (Yes, I realize the irony of that smiley.)

My resolutions:
    1) Be joyful more often.
    2) Straighten up the house daily

Ez’s resolution to only purchase items she loves really resonates with me as well, and would help with my resolution #2!

9. Hannah December 27, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

1. sleep in more, i.e. stop setting alarm for unrealistic hours and then feeling guilty every morning upon waking
    2. exercise in the morning
    3. pay more attention to the news
    4. read more books authored by women
    5. memorize 12 poems

10. Samantha Hahn December 27, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

Exercise every morning?!! Wow! I need to aim for like once or twice a week!
    I love the idea of memorizing poems.

11. sarah December 27, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

ooh is that a michelle hinebrook? i’m thinking about buying one of her prints!

12. Samantha Hahn December 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm #

Sarah, Check out Design for Mankind for a whole post on that artist. Lovely and geometric! I love it too.

13. Zom G. January 3, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

I just danced over from Ez’s Creature Comforts and am loving all of the resolutions. Chelsea’s #6 is a really fun one!

Here are mine:
    1. Do things that scare me. Including social situations I might otherwise avoid (eep, like posting a comment here!), taking risks, and going against my “better” judgment.)
    2. Remember everyone’s birthday.
    3. Finish all old projects and not start new ones until all of the former have been completed or discarded.
    4. Draw, paint, photograph, or write every day, with extra points for sharing.

This is my first visit here, but it is so beautiful & I will surely be back.