Hong Kong exhibition: Style Legends

Last week MilkX Magazine had a big anniversary party at IFC department store in Hong Kong. I was invited along with French illustrator Isaac Bonan to illustrate fashion icons. It’s cool that in Asia malls are like big ever changing exhibit spaces. I wish ours were like that here!

I have a scout or two in Hong Kong that took photos of the opening/party with our illustrations. So I’ll share that soon. We were also asked to tape ourselves answering some interview questions and doing some artwork. I had literally just moved into our new apt so my drawing table is pretty messy. Still, the video link is above if you want to watch. Here’s a video from the event to give you the vibe (I can just make out my Coco Chanel and Elvis portraits on the front wall!).

This will be a fun week of posting for me. I’ll share the catalog from A Thousand Ships show as well as my illustrative portraits from this Hong Kong exhibit. Hope you like!

6 Responses to Hong Kong exhibition: Style Legends

1. Dana McClure September 24, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

incredible Sam, well done! xo

2. Samantha Hahn September 24, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

Thanks Dana. I am not used to doing this kind of thing. I think I could do a little better if I had to do it again. I don’t know why but being in front of the camera was nerve wracking! XO.

3. Dana McClure September 25, 2011 at 7:41 pm #

Being in front of the camera is SO nerve wracking! I know this from my days as a documentary filmmaker. That’s why I’m so impressed Sam, you’re a natural! xo

4. joanna goddard September 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

i love that!!! you sound so smart and awesome!!! and you look beautiful. really fascinating to watch you work. xo

5. Samantha Hahn September 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

oh thanks so much ladies…..after seeing it I can think of 100 things I’d do differently next time…if there is one. XO to you both.

6. Samantha Hahn September 26, 2011 at 9:26 am #

Dana you really are too sweet. You will have to give me some on camera tips next time we hang.