What an absolutely dreary day here in NYC! I’ll sign off for the week with some Andy Warhol, one of my all time favorite artists (especially his early illustration work). Leave it to him to glam up my screen view. I hope you have a truly splendid weekend. Spring is coming. I for one can’t wait.
Here are some of my favorite Andy quotes for you to ponder as the weekend approaches:
1. I’m afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning.
2. I’m the type who’d be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn’t going to. I’m the type who’d like to sit home and watch every party that I’m invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.
3. They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
4. I suppose I have a really loose interpretation of “work,” because I think that just being alive is so much work at something you don’t always want to do. The machinery is always going. Even when you sleep.
- Andy in drag
- Andy with camera in hand
- Andy and Edie (I’m guessing at Studio 54)