Yesterday, I sent out my newsletter about projects I had fun completing. I thought I’d share some here too. Take a peek below the jump if you’d like to see:
1. Marie Claire Magazine: I did the cover lettering again, and for Gwynie to boot! Check out Sept. if you missed it.
2. Story: STORY, the coolest store in NY takes the point of view of a magazine, changes like a gallery and sells amazing things. I was so excited to illustrate portraits, hand letter signs and more for Your Storyin collaboration with Awesomeness tv.
3. Refinery29 + the CFDA hosted a dinner honoring Rachel Zoe: I did the menu. Fashion X food. What could be better?
4. Refinery29 + Kate Spade Style Bytes event: I did live portraits of the coolest people at SXSW. Extreme whirlwind trip/extreme fun.
5. American Illustration 34: I’m honored to have this piece for Vogue Nippon chosen for AI34. 376 images out of 9,175 submitted were picked (imagine a wide eyed emoji here).
6. Condé Nast Traveller: I lettered a logo for a new feature called Voyages. Look for it in a few weeks on the newsstand, online and with a peek on maquette of the process and scrapped explorations.
7. The Art of Hair book by Rubi Jones: Rubi is one of my most talented friends and collaborators. I was so psyched to illustrate her book! Get it!
8. Hatch Collection: Shibori inspired watercolor prints for the spring collection. The jumpsuit is my fav.
9. Afternoon Tea (Japan): I illustrated cherry blossoms for a Sakura collection–featured on about a million bath products, tea table products and even paper goods. They printed my name on each. The link above includes a little feature about me. How nice.
10. Galison/Mudpuppy: I loved illustrating this dreamy Deluxe constellation journal(glows in the dark!) and notepad (lenticular=rad!).
11. Vidal Sassoon: I did live portraits for editors at an event and also created art/lettering for the space.
12. If you like my book:Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fiction’s Most Beloved Heroines you can now pick up a reader’s journal that has space for you to wax poetic about your favorite reads: Well-Read Women Reader’s Journal. You can also get some limited edition archival prints from the Well-Read Women book from the book from Uncommon Goods.
* News: I’ve been working so hard on my second book coming out with Abrams in spring 2016. It’s called A Mother is a Story: A Celebration in Watercolor and Word. There will be a prompt journal as well called Stories for My Child: A Journal of Memories from Your Mother. Sneak peeks to come. (most likely on instagram)!