mirror mirror on the wall…

mirrors

bedding

Hello Readers, today I seek your advice. I am looking for two home items. I still have not finished the mantle in our livingroom. I got this laser cut mirror from Domestic that took ages to come but it was sort of scuffed up when it arrived.
It was supposed to self adhere to the wall but it just fell off one day. It’s a sore spot with my husband, he thought it was totally ridiculous to begin with!! So now I want to get something nice that won’t fall off the wall. I don’t want to spend a fortune. However, the mantle is the first thing you see when you come in the apt. and it’s the centerpiece of the livingroom so the mirror is a real focal point. I want to get something modern and clean, yet unique. I like the ones above. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions of other places I should look?

I also really need a summer blanket. I love being cold and my husband loves being warm. So we go to bed with the a/c on and then I wake up in the jungle cause he shut it off at night. So if we got a nice light weight summer blanket we could sleep with the fan on and both be happy. I seem to only be able to find quilts and duvets, or blankets and throws that won’t fit a full bed. I love the look of these, but can you tell me where I can get something like them that will fit the bed?

I know it’s a tall order but I’d like to keep costs down too! Email me or comment with any ideas. Thanks dear readers!

mirrors:

1. Bridget Mirror
  2. West Elm
  3. Eleanor Frameless

bedding:

1. Amenity
  2. Unison

7 Responses to mirror mirror on the wall…

1. yasmine June 6, 2008 at 5:49 pm #

hm…i’m in the process of decorating my bedroom still, so i’m on the lookout too. but for the mirror suggestions, i really love that beveled edge one. it’s kind of vintage-y. if i remember, your mantle was featured in Erin’s mag, right? i think it would look pretty together!

2. Samantha Hahn June 6, 2008 at 6:48 pm #

Yes, the mantle that was in the E-zine was the one in the bedroom. I found that mirror at a local antique shop, it fit perfectly I think. I do love the white one above, is that the one you mean? I think that would look so nice in the livingroom. It’s kind of pricey though. I am leaning toward the splurge. Decorating someone else’s space always seems easier than my own. Let me know if you come across any wonderful shops and I’ll let you know. I love Dwell and 2Modern for bedroom goodies. Are you looking for furniture or just decorations and stuff like that?

3. yasmine June 6, 2008 at 10:46 pm #

oh i’m looking for nice linen…without the splurge! i guess something in between ikea and the stuff in 2modern. BUT, i did chance upon a nice quilt at a goodwill with pennsylvania folk art-type prints…it’s so pretty i don’t want to use it.

as for the mirror i meant the no-frame one on the right 🙂 it looks kind of vintage-y. oh, if by chance you are in the bay area on the first sunday of the month, there’s an antique faire/vintage flea market a couple or more football fields huge! it’s smaller than brimfield of course, but it’s awesome for antique finds (and inexpensive too, ie, 100 dollars for a midcentury couch :)).

4. yasmine June 6, 2008 at 10:48 pm #

oh, i forgot to say what it was! it’s the alameda antique faire (http://www.antiquesbythebay.net/) .

5. Samantha Hahn June 6, 2008 at 11:14 pm #

OHHHH that sounds like heaven. I wish were were going to be there. We’re actually coming to Cali in Aug. so we’ll have to meet up, perhaps there’ll be another fair? I will look around for antiques but you are right that mirror does do the trick.

6. yasmine June 7, 2008 at 12:57 am #

oh yay! definitely!

the faire is usually 1st sundays of every month 🙂

7. Samantha Hahn June 7, 2008 at 8:58 am #

ohh great. I’ll look forward to it!