Nanette Lepore

Thakoon 2009
Color by COLOURlovers
Rodarte
Rodarte

rodarte
Color by COLOURlovers

I’m in love with the shapes and colors in store for next spring. These images give me so many ideas for prints and drawings and paintings. They are truly glorious. I love how floaty and delicate Nanette Lepore’s dresses are…oh…and with those delicious pops of red!

How about Thakoon? Love his unique silhouettes and that ladybug print!

When I look at that Rodarte show I find it totally amazing that those sisters managed to turn bad-ass rock’n’roll into something so feminine and dreamy. Just fantastic. I’m so inspired.

Have you seen the NY Times designers at work series? My favorite is Zac Posen’s. He’s such a lunatic in that tribal/big lebowski/eccentric design genius outfit he’s wearing (here’s where I’ve gushed about his work before). Check out the Times video. I also liked watching Thakoon.

7 Responses to Inspiring color, prints, and shapes in fashion for Spring 2009 + I made some color palettes for you

1. mary jo September 11, 2008 at 9:31 pm #

very cool post. love the color pallets!

2. Samantha Hahn September 11, 2008 at 9:33 pm #

thanks MJM!! That means a lot coming from you…the fashion guru!

3. Dallas September 12, 2008 at 12:00 pm #

I want the violet and red thakoon. Make a note!

4. samantha hahn September 12, 2008 at 12:41 pm #

oh Dallas…..I wish I had his whole collection so I could dole out the violet and red to you!! He’s genius. Did you watch the video at the bottom of the post?

5. yasmine September 13, 2008 at 2:32 am #

mmm. nanette lepore. i went to her store last year in la and fell in love with her dresses. she makes lovely shoes too.

6. Samantha Hahn September 13, 2008 at 7:37 am #

She is my favorite I think…well one of my top 3. Her stuff is so feminine. Honestly usually I’m in jeans and comfy shoes but if I did not have to worry about running around all the time and I could just galavant around at will, I’d have an all Nanette wardrobe!

7. amy September 13, 2008 at 6:22 pm #

hey samantha – so nice to meet you today – i am glad ‘shiny squirrel’ set up today’s brunch! lovely blog… i shall be back!