The Berkshires

me and dave at Lizzie's wedding
We just got back from the wedding in the beautiful Berkshires. Here’s a photo of me and dave at the Sunday brunch the day after the wedding.

Joe's diner hand typography copy

We stopped for lunch on the way up to the wedding at Joe’s diner in Lee. It’s where this famous Norman Rockwell illustration took place. We ate at the counter too. I loved the hand lettering all around the place.

OBAMA!
Even UFOs want Obama for Pres!

I have written a lot about the Berkshires. Here are some other posts about great art exhibits and hikes and things there:
Badlands exhibit at Mass Moca
Spencer Finch at Mass Moca
Polyvore outfit for Berkshires weekend

10 Responses to The Berkshires

1. Dallas September 22, 2008 at 11:47 am #

Love the photos from the brunch! adorable !

2. samanthahahn September 22, 2008 at 12:34 pm #

Thanks Dallas!!! It was a beautiful place. I’m adding you to the blogroll this week. Maquette just got an update, can you tell?!

3. joanna goddard September 22, 2008 at 2:41 pm #

i love that!!!

4. samantha September 22, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

Ha! I knew you would! I’m going to an Obama party on Thurs. It’ll be fun….but I made my dad stop the car on the way home from the wedding when I saw that Obama mowed into the hill. Then I made my husband climb on the car roof the take the shot!! Wish I had a little helicopter. How are you Jo!? Love Smitten! Great job.

5. Hijiri September 22, 2008 at 2:54 pm #

oh my god, I love Norman Rockwell! I love all the hand-lettering, too, I wanna make it there, too, someday!!

Nice new look to your blog – the background is one of my favorite patterns of yours in orange! Love it.

6. samantha hahn September 22, 2008 at 5:48 pm #

Thanks Hijiri! I was so happy when you posted that pattern. I was thinking of a golden meadow as I drew it! Thanks for reading and commenting too. you must go to the Berkshires it’s such a great place. Mass Moca is there, a contemporary art museum in a converted warehouse, it’s enormous. Plus, the nature is stunning!!!!

7. yasmine September 22, 2008 at 8:15 pm #

i want to go to an obama party!!!

hey, did you change your blog?

and you’re BEAUTIFUL!

8. samantha hahn September 22, 2008 at 8:32 pm #

I want you to come to the Obama party…..please fly in ok? There will be a life size blow up of him!!!

Did change the maquette look…..and thank you….you are beautiful!!!

9. samantha hahn September 22, 2008 at 8:41 pm #

oh….been meaning to ask you for your banner….
    120 X70…ok?