balloon girls

I hope your weekend involves gleefully prancing around with balloons, or at least doing something else that makes you feel lighthearted.

Here’s where I procured these incredible photos:

1. 1938 Vogue via My Vintage Vogue on flickr
  2. Thelma Todd via Gatochy on flickr

Links to awesome things:

1. Polaroid t-shirt from Rumplo via FFFound
  2. Heather of Skinny LaMinx’s in genius “I wish we had Ikea” (in South Africa) Tea towel
  3. Treatzone’s gocco prints on vintage wallpaper V-day cards (or frame-able art)
  4. Pretty and colorfully clad mom and baby on Face Hunter
  5. Beards are the new moustaches. Beard revue just wrote to tell me about their awesome Milton Glaser-esq beard poster for only $20
  6. Young Michael Jackson sings “we don’t have to change at all” in Free To Be. I sang it all week in my apartment to my husband’s chagrin.
  7. Printsource run down
  8. My love themed art in Poppytalk market
  9. I really want to be here
  10. Jason Wu designed Michelle Obama’s gown via Coquette. I’m on the “I love it” team

6 Responses to Vintage balloon photos + links to awesome things for you to check out this weekend

1. Lisa {milkshake} January 23, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

I loved Michelle Obama’s dress, too. She always looks great!

2. Samantha Hahn January 23, 2009 at 3:36 pm #

I agree, she’s a pretty amazing person too.

3. yasmine January 23, 2009 at 4:06 pm #

michelle looked like a queen…they’re gorgeous.

i’m actually quite surprised that there are haters. oh well.

4. Samantha Hahn January 23, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

I know I don’t really get it at all. I’m so not into haters! She is an incredible woman with an amazing presence and if people want to be threatened by that, screw them! I’m such an Obama family fan. I’m so happy we have her in the white house doing good rather than sharing cookie baking techniques.

BTW. your lace dress is so dreamy I keep looking at it….you rule.

5. ambika January 26, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

What lovely, gorgeous images. I loved Michelle’s dress, too. I heard some complains about showing too much skin but I thought she looked absolutely elegant.

6. samantha January 26, 2009 at 1:03 pm #

Ambika, I totally agree, she was the picture of elegance. They are an amazing couple. Just amazing. I’m so ready for them. I hope he can handle what faces him. With her by his side I think he’ll be an amazing pres.