I could not stop watching Francis Vachon’s amazing time lapse video of his baby playing. Besides the amazing visual component of the video, I was enamoured with the music. I emailed Francis to find out about Coeur de Pirate and Beatrice Martin and to tell him how much I loved his video. Sadly I could not find a place to purchase the album. Not on itunes, not Amazon, not even Amazon Canada. So I lamented to Francis who scooped me that an ebay shop had some cds. I promptly ordered one.

I love the blog world. It’s full of wonderful, amazing, creative people out there to support each other, share with each other, and even help each other. Francis just emailed to let me know that he pulled some strings and got itunes to make Coeur de Pirate available so now you can get it!

Thank you so much Francis for making that video and introducing me to Coeur de Pirate! Maquette readers please let me know if you download the album and what you think. Oh and thank Francis!

P.s The love book is a blurb best seller! Get yours now in time for V-day.

6 Responses to Coeur De Pirate: Béatrice Martin and the story of Francis Vachon’s plight to make Canadian music available to Americans

1. Yoli February 5, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

Oh my goodness thank you and Francis for the introduction to this group! I am so in love with your blog.

2. samantha February 5, 2009 at 12:26 pm #

Thanks Yoli!!!! I just love this group so much and can’t wait for my CD to arrive. Till then it’s streaming from myspace!

3. Julia Denos February 5, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

Wow, beautiful song, so sweet and delicate. I’m setting to work on the final paintings for a picture book and was in desperate need of new music…and the characters are even French in the book so it works out!! Very fitting.

Thank you! I’ll be checking back, you have a lovely blog, I’m so happy I came across it.

4. Samantha Hahn February 5, 2009 at 3:37 pm #

Wow Julia, beautiful work!!! So happy I happened to post a lovely french group for you to be inspired by!! Good luck with the rest of the paintings.

5. La Petite February 5, 2009 at 3:44 pm #

Woaw…I didn’t know them,but I’m really amazed 😀 😀 😀 and what beautiful lyrics ! (I’m french)

6. Samantha Hahn February 5, 2009 at 3:47 pm #

Oh wow, you are so lucky that you’re french! I wish I could understand the lyrics. Either way the music is so beautiful and so is her voice!!