Moop bags (new maquette sponsor!!!)

Moop bags (new Maquette Sponsor)

I’m so excited about Moop, a fabulous (husband and wife) handmade bag company. I learned about them during a discussion I had with Joanna of a Cup of Jo about diaper bags that don’t look like diaper bags. We’ll be the ones carrying it around, not Henry the baby. My husband and I wanted a totally unisex one so that we could take turns using it.

I checked out Joanna’s tip and was thrilled to discover the perfect unisex bag that could be used as a diaper bag, weekender, city chic tote, you name it. We got the Porter in slightly brushed gun-metal gray canvas (super soft), lined in ultra durable and water-resistant gray cordura (there are numerous compartments inside for me to stick my wallet, phone, water bottle, and baby stuff. I loved the look of it and when it arrived I was blown away by the craftsmanship and attention to detail. It’s now battle-tested as we took it on errands over the weekend. Here I am 30 weeks preggers with the Porter. You can get lots of different Moop bag styles in their shop.

I’m thrilled to welcome Moop as Maquette’s sponsor! Here’s some info about Wendy and her husband Jeremy, both of whom have turned Moop into a full-time booming indie business:  “It’s just the two of us that do everything (from designing and sewing each bag, all the way through, to each aspect of running the business).  Even as we grow, we are committed to the idea of continuing to make each bag in our studio, start to finish—we have decided that it is important to us to take on the challenge of keeping the production process local and central to what we do (and are excited about the challenge of figuring out how to expand this to accommodate our growth.)”

Thanks so much Wendy and Jeremy, I’m a big Moop fan and am so excited to feature you here on Maquette.

p.s I have my eye on the Market bag for myself!!

6 Responses to Moop bags (new maquette sponsor!!!)

1. montague August 17, 2009 at 2:55 pm #

so glad the hunt was successful! and by the way… you look amazing!

2. Samantha Hahn August 17, 2009 at 3:06 pm #

Thanks Amy!!! I love the bag. I truly do. I think Moop is so great. You just can’t buy craftsmanship like theirs in dept. stores.

Thanks for the compliment too…

3. xine August 17, 2009 at 8:43 pm #

Oooh! Best part = not redonkulously expensive!

4. Samantha Hahn August 17, 2009 at 9:15 pm #

I know, it’s amazing. It’s seriously the best quality bag ever, so soft and yet durable….
    oh my gosh I sound like a salesperson!!

5. Amy August 23, 2009 at 6:54 am #

I’m a moop believer too! I’ve loved Wendy’s bags for years, found her stuff on etsy. I’m currently in love with the tote. My son is 2 now, so I still need to carry the diapers and sippy cup, but don’t need the full aresenal. It’s an awesome bag! You can stuff it to the heavens or just fill it with the basics and it still looks great. Moop bags last forever too. And many of them are washable – another heavenly feature for Mommies!

6. Samantha Hahn August 23, 2009 at 9:19 am #

great to hear Amy…
    I’m so excited about the Porter. I love it so much. My husband even used it as a laptop bag yesterday. It’s washable and I know we’ll fill it with diaper stuff soon enough but I do love the fact that it does not look like a quintessential diaper bag. So glad you like yours. Do you have the Porter? Or a different one? I want the Market one just for a purse. Love them all. Wendy is so very nice too.