Daily drawing: Pet sunglasses

pet sunglasses

My husband and I decided that we’re going to try to be more content with the moments in our lives instead of always waiting or striving for the future like we’re on a hamster wheel. Today I tried to notice the good things around me and push negative thoughts away. It helps that it’s a nice day out with sun and birds chirping and other signs of spring threatening to take over the winter malaise.

I’m going to try to do more daily drawings too and not just jobs or blogging or computer stuff. I always feel better when I draw or paint.

Here’s a painting I did yesterday based on the Totokaelo girl. I love their stuff and she always looks super cute.

8 Responses to Daily drawing: Pet sunglasses

1. Hannah Stephenson March 1, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

Beautiful drawing and sentiment.

2. Samantha Hahn March 1, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

thanks so much hannah. it’s hard not to get caught up in the nitty gritty bits of life that are taxing. Sometimes it helps to step back and look at all the things that are working and are perfect and appreciate them while trying to take heed of the little moments of each day that are already good.

3. Chelsea March 2, 2011 at 10:04 am #

I subscribe via email and was quite happy to find this lovely little surprise in my inbox this morning, happy Wednesday to me!! Your attitude is wonderful and I love this painting, pet sunglasses make me smile and have made my morning!! I hope you have a wonderful week!

4. mary jo March 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Love her! {the illustration}…it is good to try and not get caught up with the crazy wheel of life 🙂

xo Mary Jo

p.s. I owe you an email–coming momentarily!

5. Samantha Hahn March 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

thanks chelsea…so happy to make your morning! XO.

6. marisa March 4, 2011 at 8:18 am #

I love this model . . . and your version of her is beautiful!

7. Marshall Rogers-Martínez March 18, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

I like the motivation behind this piece, but I’m not sure if I understand the concept. Perhaps beyond my artistic ability to understand it completely. Beautiful piece nonetheless. Also, love the model too. She is so beautiful!

8. dina April 15, 2011 at 8:18 am #

i love absoloutely love the model