I just sent out my industry newsletter and listed some of the great projects I’ve had the privilege to work on in 2014 so I thought why not share it here with you too.
2014 has been a banner year. In addition to great work projects I had a baby, my son started Kindergarten and frankly I feel luckier than ever before. My resolution this year is to maintain a gratitude list. It’s easy to get caught up in what you don’t have, want to have and think you need to have. Instead I will shoot to find serenity and contentment.
Anyway, here are 10 projects from 2014 and news about what’s to come early in the new year:
1. Lela Rose: Spring 2015 fashion show invitation and giant backdrops behind the runway at Lincoln Center Pavilion.
3. A selection of the editorials (in 2014):
Marie Claire (cover lettering for September anniversary issue + interior story), Oprah (also check out this quote banner for theOprah mag. offices), New York Observer, Refinery29 (also check out this special R29 project and their tour of my space), Real Simple, Southern Living, Vogue Nippon and again, Deichmann and Essence
4. Uncommon Goods: Limited edition archival prints from the Well-Read Women book
6. The Glow: Custom tattoos and lettering
7. Afternoon Tea catalogs (Tokyo and beyond)
10. IFC Mall (Shanghai): Paddington Bear bench
+ I’m happy to say that my book Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fiction’s Most Beloved Heroines is currently #1 in art portraits on Amazon.
To come, early in 2015:
- Well-Read Women Reader’s Journal
- Marie Claire cover lettering (February)
- Afternoon Tea bridal and cherry blossom product line
- Krispy Kreme Valentine’s poster for stores and packaging
- Hatch Collection Shibori inspired pattern for clothing
- Christiane Lemieux’s book
- Rubi Jones’s book
- My second book (Abrams 2016) is in the works. Sneak peeks to come!
- Deluxe constellation journal and notepad
- Vidal Sassoon event
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!